↑ Return to PTVES History

Penn Twp. Ambulance Club

PENN EMS

Penn Township EMS Old Quarters On Baltimore Street

ambo

Penn Township Ambulance Club

 In 1962 the need for an ambulance service in the township was realized, at this time the Penn Township Police Association purchased and 1954 Pontiac ambulance and began providing EMS service to the citizens.  In August of 1967, a group of citizens, in order to increase ambulance service, formed the Penn Township Ambulance Club and took over all EMS services in the township.  Over the years the ambulance club was located first at the Police station, then on York Street, at the Parkville Fire Company, then in 1983 a building at 748 Baltimore Street was purchased and became the official ambulance station for Penn Township.

1st EMS fleet

PTVES Original Fleet Of Ambulances