↑ Return to PTVES History

Parkville Fire Company

Parkville Fire Company

On the south side of the township a group of concerned citizens were also meeting and recognized the need for a second fire company in the community.  On the evening of February 9th, 1922 the Parkville Fire Company was officially formed.  In September of 1922 a plot of land was purchased at 889 Baltimore Street and in June of 1923 an engine house was constructed entirely by the membership at an estimated cost of $2000.00.  This remained the location for the fire company until 1966 when a new station was built at 955 Baltimore Street.  Additions to the building where also made in 1985, 2001, and 2005.