↑ Return to PTVES History

Friendship Fire Company #1

FRIENSDHIP - PEnnville

Friendship Fire Company #1 of Pennville

Station 48

Volunteer emergency services began in Penn Township on the evening of November 6th, 1913, when a group of concerned citizens met for the purpose of organizing a fire company.  With this common goal, a plot of ground on Westminster Avenue was purchased on November 11th and the company officially became the “Friendship Chemical Fire Company”.  The first one room engine house was built and the first meeting was held on January 27th, 1914.  At this time the membership was not completely satisfied with its name so it was then changed officially establishing the “Friendship Fire Company No.1 of Pennville”.  Over the years the company grew and prospered, eventually the need for a larger station arose and frontage on Frederick Street was purchased.  The dedication for the new station was held in 1951.  Additions to the building were also made in 1958 and 1971 to increase the social hall and engine room.

34dodge